A Nation is as strong as its people, which is why and Athi Steel continues to think beyond business and plays its role as a responsible corporate citizen. Athi Steel has contributed significantly to the development of local churches, schools and hospitals and wildlife conservation programs. Athi Steel believes that today’s youth is tomorrow’s future and works extensively with various youth development and sports programs. Other current and proposed CSR activities include providing vital human necessities including clean drinking water to the local communities, running scholarships, tree planting activities and empowering local communities to run sustainable businesses.
- National Construction Authority Women’s dinner (to promote and empower women in the construction industry)
Youth Development & Sports Programmes
- Alfred Polo Foundation
- Sags Soccer Club
- University Engineering Society (ESA)
- Friends of Nairobi National Park (FoNNAP)
- The Wildlife Foundation (the community conservation fund for protection of the Nairobi National Park eco-system)
Charities and Sponsorship
- Gala Dinner for BAPS Charities
- Easter Extravaganza 2014 (sports and culture festival)
Sensitization and Awareness Programmes (for the best practice in the Construction industry)
- National Construction Authority Contractor Sensitization Program.